yela

yela
click here

MY MUSIC

Adele Looks Gorgeous On The Cover Of Rolling Stone, Could Care Less About Her Weight

Finally getting the recognition she deserves, English troubadour Adele has made it to the front of Rolling Stone magazine. The girl with the golden pipes and the ability to break hearts like it's her job (well, now it kind of is) has found enormous success with her sophomore album, 21.

In an industry (and society) that focuses so much on weight, the ...
 naturally curvy singer tells Rolling Stone that her life is so "full of drama [that I don't] have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like." She continues, "I don't like going to the gym. I like eating fine foods and drinking nice wine. Even if I had a really good figure, I don't think I'd get my tits and ass out for no one." Ay. Men.
Refreshingly willing to tell it like it is, Adele even name-checks Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, saying she doesn't mind seeing their "boobs and bum," but that her music is "made for eyes." Zing!
“All of her songs are based on real events and real people,” says her bassist, Sam Dixon. “It can be hard for her to sing them; that’s happened a few times now.” At the Brit Awards in February, she was close to tears at the end of her performance of “Someone” and had to turn away from the cameras. “It’s not a pose or a stance,” says Rick Rubin, who produced four of 21’s songs. “When you hear someone bare their soul, it resonates.” In person, Adele is just as unguarded. Walking through the park, she tells of once going onstage with “a tampon on my thumb. It was awful!” She says it was to cover up a broken nail. (“You make it hollow and put it on your finger. I do it all the time.”) She talks fast, uses different voices, and tells filthy jokes onstage (“What do you call a blonde standing on her head? A brunette with bad breath.”)
Her mother is still her closest friend, and current roommate. Adele credits her with turning her on to Mary J. Blige, Lauryn Hill and Alicia Keys – she calls The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill and Songs in A Minor “life-defining.” The other big influence was Etta James, whose music she discovered in the bargain bin of a record store. “She was the first time a voice made me stop what I was doing and sit down and listen. It took over my mind and body.”

No comments:

Post a Comment