yela

yela
click here

MY MUSIC

Angelina Jolie Covers ‘Time’ Magazine Following Double Mastectomy Announcement


TIME is summing up Angelina Jolie’s big week with three words on the cover of its latest issue: “The Angelina Effect.” The powerful cover image was revealed on Wednesday, one day after the Oscar winning actress revealed that she had a preventative double mastectomy earlier this year. According to TIME spokesperson Kerri Chyka, the photo was ...
taken before Jolie’s surgery in February. [via Poynter]
The magazine’s cover story focuses on how far the star’s influence has gone in past cases: her adoption of a baby (her daughter Zahara) in Ethiopia and her name choices for daughter Vivienne and son Maddox. Now, with Jolie's actions, doctors are expecting a "stampede of women" who will request to be tested for the breast cancer-related BRCA1 gene.
“I wanted to write this to tell other women that the decision to have a mastectomy was not easy. But it is one I am very happy that I made. My chances of developing breast cancer have dropped from 87 percent to under 5 percent. I can tell my children that they don’t need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer,” Jolie wrote in her New York Times op-ed published on May 14. i think its brave and out of this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment