Lil Wayne is in Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Hospital after suffering a seizure on Friday afternoon, according to multiple reports. An anonymous source close the MC confirmed to the Associated Press that Wayne, 30, had a seizure; a rep for the rapper reported that Wayne was “recovering.”
Longtime Wayne associate Ronald "Slim" Williams, CEO of Cash Money Records, told Chicago's WGCI Friday night that "there ain't no truth in what you heard today. He's chillin'. We sittin' here watching the basketball game with each other. He good." He declined the radio host's request to ...put Wayne on the line. A confusing series of tweets and reports ensued after TMZ reported at around 4:30 p.m. PT that last rites were about to be administered to the rapper – that report was vehemently denied via Twitter by reps from his label, who promised to issue "an official statement shortly but dont [sic] believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe." Earlier in the evening, Mack Maine, president of Young Money, tweeted that Lil Wayne was "alive and well":
Birdman of Cash Money records also responded to the reports with a tweet, saying:
TMZ removed the news about last rites being read, but the rest of its report remained. An update on the site posted at 6:30 p.m. PT said the rapper was “still in critical condition in the ICU ... but stabilizing,” adding that “We're told the prognosis is uncertain.”
This is the second time Wayne, born Dwayne Carter, has been hospitalized this week after a seizure. He was taken to Cedars-Sinai on Tuesday after suffering multiple seizures; shortly following his release on Wednesday, he was rushed back to the facility after being hit by more seizures.
Maine also tweeted at TMZ, admonishing the site for its reporting.
"@TMZ it's certain shit you should not talk about or play with if u don't kno what u talking bout....don't deceive the fans or the people," he wrote, followed by, "and definitely don't try to kill a man before his time....so from the bottom of my soul and on behalf of my fam......F--- YOU."