yela

yela
click here

MY MUSIC

Carey Mulligan on W January 2012 issue

Carey Mulligan wearing Nina Ricci. Photographed by, Michael Thompson. W covers are my favorite and this one is no exception. Carey Mulligan looks amazing and sophisticated on the January cover. I really like her and I'm happy to see her on a cover, in fact I'm feeling kind of hopeful about the 2012 covers from what I've seen so far.
I just have to say that I can not wait to see her as Daisy Buchanan in "The Great Gatsby". I absolutely consider it to be The Great American Novel and Baz Luhrmann is just the director to breathe new life into a cinematic version of it. Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire were exactly the actors I had pictured for a new film version, but I admit that Blake Lively was my dream Daisy. Still, I am really excited that she is playing Daisy. It's going to be amazing.
On meeting Steve McQueen: I just talked for an hour. Steve was trying to leave, but I kept on: “No, don’t go—I don’t have the job yet!” I thought if I could keep him sitting at the table, I could persuade him to let me have the role. He kept trying to pay the bill, and I said, “No, no, no. Sit down.” He got in a cab, but I wouldn’t leave him—I got in, too. Finally he said, “I’m going to my appointment now.” And I said okay. That afternoon, I got a call saying I had the role.
On her full frontal nudity scene in "Shame" (that amazing dress is Prada): I’ve never been comfortable with the idea of nudity. I’ve done only seminude, very innocent things in the past, and I’ve always been of the quite British mind-set that I won’t do gratuitous nudity. When it came to this, it just seemed so obvious that she is the sort of person who would have no trouble being naked in front of any family member, especially not her brother. She’s an extrovert and wants to be seen. More than anything, she wants someone to acknowledge and help her. I thought I had a week before the nude scene to go to the gym, but we shot it on my first day of filming.
On being nude in the off-Broadway play "Through a Glass Darkly": "No, I was topless in the play. In the script, she was naked, but I dreaded the idea of being naked onstage. When I’ve seen plays with actors who are nude, I’ve always thought, Gosh, that actor’s naked. I wonder how they feel about being naked. Then two minutes later, you fall back into the play. Through a Glass Darkly is not very long, and I didn’t want the audience to stop and think, Oh, she’s naked—I wonder if she feels funny. So we modified it."
On playing the suicide attempt scene: “I was sitting there and this fake blood was pumping out of my arms and I was in this completely hopeless state with a kitchen knife next to me. And it was horrible, it was really horrible and I wasn’t expecting it, it was a complete surprise, and I felt awful. It sounds so pretentious, but it just made me feel horrible. I felt devastated and I felt so sad. And I’m fine. I’m great and well adjusted and everything’s cool, but just the idea of being that helpless and that lonely, it was just really sad. I got into the taxi at the end of the day and I couldn’t stop crying.”

On playing a character who didn’t worry about her appearance: “I didn’t have to worry about what I ate, or how much I drank, and I didn’t have to work out. She was an alcoholic mess. She didn’t have any money to dye her hair. I mean I didn’t become an alcoholic, but I didn’t have to watch myself. It was so much more exciting to play that character that didn’t worry about her appearance in any way. I knew that when I stood up in that bath naked it wasn’t about whether I looked good naked or not. It was about who she was.”


No comments:

Post a Comment