yela

yela
click here

MY MUSIC

Lil B Releases 'I'm Gay' Album Without Warning, Lupe Fiasco Says Title Is 'Genius'

Without warning, Lil B released his anticipated album, "I'm Gay (I'm Happy)" two days ago, June 29. Lil B was discreet on the process and release of "I'm Gay (I'm Happy)" when The Juice caught up with him in May. "I'm just really trying to push the boundaries, bring a message," Lil B said. "It's a very personal album. It's going to touch the people. I'm letting the ....
earth, life to tell me when to do it and when is the right time [to release it]. I don't want to rush into this."

Lupe Fiasco took to his site to break down just why he's for Lil B's "I'm Gay (I'm Happy)," "What gets Lil B admission into my coveted genre of "Liberation Rock" is his absolute lack of fear when it comes to challenging the status quo," Lupe Fiasco says. "Let me make something abundantly clear, the title "I'm Gay (I'm Happy)" I think is absolute genius. Those two words together side by side in almost any format in the society we live in can be a cultural and social death sentence."
Fiasco continues to discuss the ridicule and threats that Lil B received due to the album's title. "The word "gay" referring to homosexuality in the minds of the "guilty," as well call them here, sent shockwaves throughout our hip-hop community. Making Lil B the target of attack and ridicule. But Lil B's ultimate intention and preference for the word "gay" was its "one who is happy" definition. So basically my lil homey was being attacked for being happy."
In a time where albums leak from left to right (i.e. Beyoncé's "4," Big Sean's "Finally Famous"), the unsigned rapper avoided such to happen. "Lil B released his retail album without it leaking. After over a decade of trying, no major record label has figured out how to do this," Brendan Frederick, Deputy Editor of Complex Magazine tweeted.
We're used to seeing songs leak, tracklistings surface, even two songs being mashed up together to be claimed as one, as in the case with an unofficial Mary J. Blige song that hit the 'net last week.
Today (June 30), another alleged tracklisting to Kanye West and Jay-Z's collaborative project, "Watch the Throne" surfaced. It was hard to not take a second look especially after it was followed by rumors that the album is to hit a computer screen near you this fourth of July weekend, according to Rolling Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment